Scope3 is seeking a strategic, consultative, analytical, organised, and motivated individual to work as Head of Strategic Operations reporting to the COO. In this role you will partner closely with the leadership team to drive organisational effectiveness, facilitate decision-making processes, and ensure efficient execution of key strategic initiatives. You will be charged with planning and refining strategic initiatives with the senior leadership team and broader organisation to include planning, communicating, and operationalising strategic programs for the company. This role is for someone with influence, initiative, creativity, and a systems thinking approach to ensure the team is well positioned to execute.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Manage the organisation’s operating cadence by driving and tracking strategic planning, verifying execution and updating communications as needed, conferring with leadership in determining key performance indicators, scope, and structure of processes, and doing all that while recognising that we continue to operate with ambiguity and know that lightweight process can sometimes be just enough
- Serve as a trusted advisor to elevate and amplify the operational capacity, capability, and effectiveness at Scope3. The Head of Strategic Operations will act as a sounding board for the leadership team and serve as liaison or proxy when needed.
- Create, plan, and facilitate meetings and offsites to accomplish clear and effective decision making, tracking, and reporting on follow-up actions required, providing appropriate messaging both written & spoken to provide an overall view across teams to help collaboration across the organization
- Oversee lightweight process to ensure appropriate capture and cataloging of how we share information and establishing an information protocol across the team
- Identify and execute initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence, ensuring key projects, including commercialisation workstreams, have clear milestones, success measures and operational plans, while recognising the flexible and ambiguous nature of a startup environment
- Manage, drive and coordinate high value, cross-functional initiatives, and projects, as well as the execution in support of special programs/projects
- Plan and build content for internal communications, town hall meetings, company and functional offsites, and operational reviews
- Create clarity around emerging areas so the team can prioritise and resource them
The Ideal candidate
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience of progressively expansive responsibilities, with experience in program and/or process management, corporate innovation, strategy development or the like
- Experience working in a high growth tech company
- Effective leader with experience driving initiatives with demonstrable outcomes, engaging with executives, and supporting others to articulate a vision
- Deep analytical and problem-solving skills. Comfortable using a data-driven and systems thinking approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a desire to work asynchronously and remotely!
The right candidate will be an experienced strategist with strong organisational and analytical skills, an independent streak, and knack for navigating ambiguity.