Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Internal Comms and Employer Brand Manager will help drive and support various communication efforts to keep Roku employees engaged and informed and build an employer presence in the UK.
We're looking for a creative, meticulous, rock star writer and social media who is an out-of-the-box creative thinker, grammar nerd, and a scrappy go-getter ready to dive into anything. This role will support be part of our internal and employer brand communications team who will:
- Field inbound writing/editing/tool requests from key stakeholders across the organisation, creating first drafts for internal channels, supporting internal events, and supporting a range of proactive writing, editing, and creative projects.
- Provide counsel to company leaders, in particular, our key internal partners in the People organisation, including strategic guidance for upcoming initiatives, change management, inclusion strategy, open enrolment, and more.
Help us attract and engage top talent across various professions, locations, and backgrounds. Who will pull story threads from the complex skein of day-to-day work and create a clear picture of what it's like to thrive at Roku. This position will be located at our office in Manchester, UK.
The work we do can be challenging, but that's why we enjoy it so much. The ideal candidate isn't a bystander. They are curious and engaged, willing to jump in to solve problems and make data-driven decisions even when things feel very ambiguous. Our industry changes quickly, so we expect a great candidate to be comfortable responding swiftly to changing business needs, knowing that their own success comes when the team succeeds.
What you will be doing
- Developing communication materials to support employee events and experiences, including thoughtful communication plans and internal messages for distribution across multiple channels
- Providing support for the planning of company leadership meetings and large internal meetings
- Identifying ways to measure communications efforts internally and tracking against KPIs
- Supporting broader internal communication initiatives as needed
- Draft, edit, and publish Employer Brand copy and visual assets, including employee spotlights, social media posts on job seeker sites, content for our Jobs site, and recruitment collateral
- Work closely with our current Employer Brand Specialist to maintain our editorial calendar
- Monitor and improve our Employer Brand presence on social media. Identify opportunities and flag issues from job seeker sites, including employee and candidate reviews. Keep an eye on mentions of Roku, as well as other companies' social media related to employer branding
- Stay on top of social media trends and best practices
- Provide communication support for recruitment events and activities
We are excited if you have
- 8+ years of internal or employer brand communications experience at a fast-growing tech company; agency or consulting experience a plus
- Exemplary writing and editing skills, with the ability to communicate complex material in a more simplified way
- Excellent influencing skills; experience serving as a trusted advisor to business partners at all levels
- Sharp attention to detail and project management
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal partners and stakeholders
- Understanding of timelines and news cycles to drive editorial strategy for short and long-term planning
- Excellent executive presence and presentation coaching
- Positive and collaborative personality
- Change management communication experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks and inbound requests
- Well organised, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible, able to work independently and as part of a team
- College degree in relevant field
- Video production/editing skills are a strong plus
- Good judgement, particularly in high-pressure situations
- Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- An intense desire to learn about a new industry and make a meaningful impact
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.