Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About your role
In this role, you will leverage your OTT video experience and product management capabilities to manage a roadmap that will ensure Roku viewers have the best search experience whether it be for content they know they want to watch, or helping guide them when they need a little help. You will showcase your exceptional proficiency in execution and your unwavering dedication to delivering a high-quality product that caters to millions of Roku viewers. You should also have worked in a consumer-focused technology company, and be ready to embrace a fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
What you will be doing
- Own the Roku product roadmap for search – maintain feature priorities, understand how those features drive user engagement and reviews, develop detailed product requirement documentation, and evangelize those priorities as part of the Roku product planning process.
- Drive the overall product vision, strategy, and requirement to improve the quality and functionality of search.
- Define product success metrics and analyze product performance on a daily basis, including rigorous AB testing and analysis.
- Lead cross-functional teams in delivering quality products and making appropriate trade-offs between user engagement and revenue.
- Build strong relationships across product, design, engineering, and partner management teams to collaborate in the launch of products.
- Be a search expert by having knowledge of content metadata, machine learning algorithms, large language models, and the opportunities they each bring to a successful product
We are excited if you have
- 5+ years experience in software product management with a focus on consumer video or search applications or services.
- Experience with content metadata, machine learning, and AB testing/analysis.
- A passion for consumer experience, including concrete examples of delivering measurable increases in user engagement and driving revenue.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working on an TV operating system is an asset
- Experience with linear search and working with MVPDs is an asset
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.