Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
The Enterprise Web Applications team, work on apps that support Finance, HR, and other business units across the organisation. We are looking to add another Senior Engineer to develop back-end applications to help us scale our internal products and services.
About the role
The Roku Enterprise Engineering team is seeking an experienced and versatile Senior Software Engineer to develop scalable platform services on which we run our company and ensure we scale to meet our rapid employee and business growth.
As a senior technical lead, you consider yourself a platform services developer and develop innovative solutions using modern software frameworks and paradigms. You are a self-driven problem solver, with a strong background in building large-scale software platforms and applications. You are execution focused and would develop a reputation for repeatedly delivering projects on-time.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy scalable web applications and services, being part of everything from contributing to web technology and framework stack, to use case and data model design
- Drive architecture discussions, take ownership and responsibility over new projects, and deliver high quality software with tight timeline
- Partner with security and compliance teams to ensure the application meets compliance, security and audit requirements
- Participate in the continual improvement of engineering tools, cloud-based technologies/services, and process
- Define and participate in Agile development process, including scoping, technical design, estimation effort, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance and support
- Collaborate with cross-function teams and demonstrate great communication skills
We’re excited if you have
- 8+ years of experience in delivery multi-tier, highly scalable, distributed web application
- Deep understanding in software architecture, object-oriented design principles, and data structures
- Extensive experience in developing microservices using Java, Python
- Good experience in Test driven development and automating test cases using Java/ Python
- Experience in SQL / NoSQL (Oracle, Cassandra) database design
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, and make practical trade-offs based on business needs, entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have
- Experience in developing Finance or HR related applications
- Experience with following cloud services: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Elastic Cache, Lambda
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.