Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
Roku's Web Engineering team is responsible for the development and support of Roku's web application framework, design system, a host of consumer-facing web properties, web applications and an ecosystem of web services tied to content management systems, automated publishing tools, internationalization/localization, deployments and build tools, and much more. Our goal is to empower our community of web developers to build and deploy user-friendly, secure, user accessible, SEO-friendly and highly performant applications with the proper Roku branding and UX consistency
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced and versatile Sr. Software Engineer focused on front-end web architecture and development for our Web Dev Marketing team. You consider yourself a full-stack web developer but are passionate about the user experience and developing innovative solutions and UIs using modern web technologies for desktop and mobile users. You are self-driven, innovative, proponent of automation and have a strong background in building large-scale consumer-facing websites. As a natural born problem solver, you love taking on new challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Determine the strategic and tactical direction of the front-end architecture
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and document impactful features with cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and search engine optimization
- Suggest tools, technologies and best practices to improve the site stability, performance and quality
- Participate in Agile development process, including scoping, technical design, estimation effort, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance and support
- Create and support an ecosystem of templates and components that will help our internal partners manage the content across the Roku.com web properties
- Design efficient content models, user workflows and page templates
- Advocate for and lead by example on the tenets of operational excellence
- Collaborate with program managers, marketing, designers, software engineers in test to build and enhance the UI
We’re excited if you have
- 5+yrs of relevant web development and production application support of highly trafficked consumer-facing web applications
- 3+yrs of in-depth experience with React and relevant toolset/framework ecosystem
- Knowledge of latest open standards and web technologies and how they can be used effectively
- Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable units of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with node.js, ReactJS, AngularJS, Express, SASS/LESS, AWS, nom, Git and CI a necessity
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good culture fit and excellent team player
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.