Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
Our talented and diverse UX team delights users one design at a time, while building and enhancing a UX culture within Roku that nurtures our ongoing enrichment and elevates the UX maturity across the company and the industry.
We believe that great user experiences come from people who have the vision to see the big picture on the macro side while still maintaining incredible attention to detail on the micro side. More than ability to keep the vision while managing the minutiae, we need someone who can play three-dimensional chess on the axes of what our customers need and what our world-class engineers can produce while keeping things as elegantly easy as possible.
About the Role
Roku is looking for a talented, well-rounded Senior Product Designer who can create useful and easy-to-use mobile app experiences. For this role, we need a senior interaction designer with extensive consumer mobile app design experience. This person is both a thinker and a maker - someone that is comfortable with thinking about customer value while still maintaining a command of design details. We want someone who is fluent whether speaking with designers or engineers, with a track record of driving concepts all the way to launch.
This person is focused on design excellence and thoughtful about delivering design solutions that create engagement. The ideal candidate will have a track record of creating impactful mobile experiences. This person must be an independent operator, able to push projects forward on their own, while still proactively seeking stakeholder feedback and approvals.
What you’ll be doing
- Conceptualize and deliver design for mobile app features that enhance both utility and content discovery
- Utilize user journeys, frameworks and design principles in order to frame your design approach
- Communicate effectively - articulating design rationale and creating effective design artifacts (wireframes, flows, specs, etc.)
- Contribute at every step of the product life-cycle from general product discovery, research, ideation and AB tests
- Give and receive feedback in regular design critiques with your peers
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization
- Balance qualitative and quantitative data to make user-centered design decisions
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify the problems and business goals that your designs will address
- Partner with User Researchers to determine and execute the ideal research method to gather customer insights or evaluate designs
- Drive changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
We’re excited if you have
- 6+ years relevant experience in Interaction Design
- Proficiency in delivering delightful and effective consumer mobile app experiences and/or shipped products, demonstrating deep fluency with both Material and iOS design guidelines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and to embrace opportunities to rapidly iterate on designs
- A passion for the end-to-end user experience
- Hands-on experience working with User Researchers (or conducting User Research yourself) and utilizing the results of that research to shape your designs
- Endless empathy for the user
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.