Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Roku Voice Group is responsible for understanding user requests across all supported languages and regions. The voice services technology group is looking for a software engineer with skills in designing and implementing systems for data collection and processing to join the voice team, contributing to our internationalization efforts.
What you'll be doing
Building and expanding our internal tools for voice. You will possess experience in server-side development of scalable solutions, with a high degree of automation.
- Development and Automation using mainly Python.
- Knowledge of AWS and/or GCP SaaS.
- Experience in modern software integration and deployment CI/CD, containerization, and IaaS (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform).
- Work closely with Linguistic Engineers, NLP, Machine Learning and QA teams.
We're excited if you have
- Strong experience with modern OO Python and Cloud architectures (AWS & GCP)
- Experience System Design and knowledgeable in software architectures.
- Understanding of both SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Gitlab, Unit testing, Canary deployment and A/B testing)
- Familiar with Linux systems, Data analysis and visualisation
- Exposure to ML systems, capable to understand and define Software Requirements in this space.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.