Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Team
Roku's Trust Engineering team is responsible for protecting customers, partners, devices, services, infrastructure, data and other information assets.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer who can help us to secure our infrastructure and applications. As a senior member of the Trust Engineering team, you will work closely with other teams and provide technical leadership in Cybersecurity.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop security tools to prevent, monitor and remediate vulnerabilities with an emphasis on automation and scalability
- Conduct security assessments and work with other engineering teams to develop secure products
- Support incident response and remediation including log and forensic data collection
- Consult with other teams to guide them in addressing vulnerabilities in source code or deployments
We Would Be Excited If You Have
- 5+ years of work experience in cybersecurity
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP
- Excellent programming skills in Python and/or Java
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of secure software development life cycle in a continuous integration and deployment environment
- Practical experience with and exposure to, crafting and implementing security best practices within a Cloud deployment
- The ability to secure the deployment of large globally distributed cloud-based platforms, design security controls, solve complex operational issues
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code and orchestration tools
- Strong background in security fundamentals in Linux, Networking and Cryptography
Roku is committed to offering a diverse range of benefits as part of our compensation package to support our employees and their families. Our comprehensive benefits include global access to mental health and financial wellness support and resources. Local benefits include statutory and voluntary benefits which may include healthcare (medical, dental, and vision), life, accident, disability, commuter, and retirement options (401(k)/pension). Our employees can take time off work for vacation and other personal reasons to balance their evolving work and life needs. It's important to note that not every benefit is available in all locations or for every role. For details specific to your location, please consult with your recruiter.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.