Dentsu International is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES WITHIN THE US.
The Associate Director, Media Technology and Ad Operations oversees a team responsible for managing digital media campaigns across various brands or accounts and will report to the VP, Media Technology and Ad Operations. Your role involves coordinating with different departments and stakeholders to develop and implement campaigns effectively. You must thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and actively contribute to optimizing the team's processes. Additionally, you will collaborate with senior leadership to address client needs, provide technical support to creative and media teams, and establish best practices. Proficiency in ad serving, rich media, mobile implementation, and emerging tools is essential, along with ensuring data compliance and overseeing the integration of new technologies. The Associate Director also represents media operations capabilities in client meetings and collaborates with tech partners to advance organizational capabilities. They are expected to contribute thought leadership and insights to internal teams and clients.
Campaign & Technical Support:
- Oversee a team managing multiple accounts and/or brands; establish best practices and maintain adherence to industry standards
- Evaluate, assess, and recommend the most effective verification solutions, vendors, tools, and processes to meet or exceed clients' objectives
- Work closely with internal teams, external partners and clients to ensure that appropriate creative assets and media tags are received and distributed correctly
- Act as a subject matter expert for all technical issues involved in running digital ad campaigns (including ad tag trafficking, data discrepancies, data tracking and taxonomy)
- Maintain a deep understanding of the ad tech landscape (Ad Serving, Data Management, Identity Resolution, etc.) with a focus on interconnectivity and continuity
- Experience with tag management systems, data management platforms, attribution platforms, and/or web analytics systems (Ex. GA4) preferred
- Experience with Kochava, Adjust, AppsFlyer, DV360, TTD preferred
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Communication is key. Must be comfortable communicating internally across multiple teams, including managing up and managing down.
- This role is client facing and will also lead relationships with key ad tech partners
- Engages in a professional & respectful manner in both written and oral communications
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively
- Attends all internal and external status meetings when appropriate
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Strong project & people management skills, exhibits high attention to detail, ability to track and manage multiple projects at once, forecast deliverable timelines and meet those timelines, and identify potential roadblocks and address accordingly.
- Recognize recurrent or potential issues and problems, and know when to escalate and propose solutions.
- Takes clear ownership of assigned tasks and knows when to delegate.
- Attend and participate in vendor presentations and/or conferences offering media solutions that may be relevant to the Media Technology and Ad Operations group
- Manage and mentor direct reports as well as more junior members on the team
- Collaborate, develop, and present POVs and presentations in face-to-face meetings and conference calls.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8–12-year industry experience
- Proficient in MS office suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Expert in third-party ad servers and rich media technology (Google Campaign Manager (CM360), VAST/VPAID, DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimization), Rich Media, etc.)
- Comfortable with technology and computers (e.g., Html coding)
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$106,000. Salary is based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and other factors permitted by law. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit www.dentsubenefitsplus.com.
Dentsu is the network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities in the sustainable economy. Taking a people-centered approach to business transformation, dentsu combines Japanese innovation with a diverse, global perspective to drive client growth and to shape society www.dentsu.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact your recruiter if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.