Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is looking for a competent Senior Data Scientist to join our growing global Marketing Analytics team focused on growing Roku device sales. With focus on creating impact, you will collaborate with business partners, marketing managers, product managers and engineers to solve challenging business/analytical problems.This role will play an integral part in influencing business decisions by identifying trends, developing measurement framework through designing A/B tests or leveraging causal inference methods, creating customer segmentation based on behaviors and CLV, to provide actionable insights and recommendation for targeting strategies. You will own problems end-to-end delivering insights and models to drive conversions, and building data pipelines, dashboards, and automated reports to support them. The successful analyst will tell a compelling data story that reads beyond the numbers and provides strategic insights. Being a thought partner to our executive business leaders, good communication and presentation will be a crucial aspect of this role.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the Marketing team to identify business problems and develop deep dive analysis that advance marketing strategies to drive device sales to new and existing accounts
- Develop measurement methodologies that provide insight at scale
- Research and define key metrics that will govern how we define success
- Create, test, and implement market segmentation and predictive models that increase marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform single, cross, and multi-channel (email, push, on-platform, off-platform) tests across the customer lifecycle and deliver insights and optimization recommendations
- Develop automated reports and pipelines that allow marketers to make decisions quickly
- Develop, document, and promulgate best practices to champion a hypothesis-driven culture that rapidly tests, measures, and iterates
- Deliver presentations to communicate findings clearly and effectively to stakeholders
We’re excited if you have
- A bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of advanced analytics experience or a Masters/Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Expertise with BI tool such as Looker or Tableau, from data transformation & modeling to creating measures to data visualization & insights
- Experience in R or Python
- Deep knowledge of experimental design and causal inference methods
- Experience in data management, analytics, data science and reporting
- Experience in using advanced analytics to inform CRM, Lifecycle Marketing, Partnerships, and performance marketing.
- Highly independent and able to manage relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong data visualization and action-oriented narrative for stakeholder and executive audiences
Roku is committed to offering a diverse range of benefits as part of our compensation package to support our employees and their families. Our comprehensive benefits include global access to mental health and financial wellness support and resources. Local benefits include statutory and voluntary benefits which may include healthcare (medical, dental, and vision), life, accident, disability, commuter, and retirement options (401(k)/pension). Our employees can take time off work for vacation and other personal reasons to balance their evolving work and life needs. It's important to note that not every benefit is available in all locations or for every role. For details specific to your location, please consult with your recruiter.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.